Sydney is packed with opportunities to find places to work. There are a few key industries that provide an abundance of jobs in Sydney, most of which require little or no experience to get started.
- Customer Service
- Call Centre
- Marketing and Communications
At Explore With Us, we understand just how important it is to find a job in Sydney, which is why we love helping to connect great people with great employers. We will help to connect you with the best places where you can find opportunities for jobs in Sydney. There are plenty of student job opportunities in Sydney; the key is matching your skill set and passions to a company that needs to hire people just like you.
Tax File Number
If you are an international student looking for a job in Australia, then you will need to apply for something known as a Tax File Number (TFN). This is a very important reference number that is personal to you and will allow you to pay the correct amount of tax on your wages. Without it, you will pay more tax than you need to, you will not be able to claim any government benefits, lodge a tax return or get an Australian Business Number (ABN).
All companies will ask for a TFN. Get more information on how to apply for a TFN here.
If you intend to work in a hotel, pub, bar, or a gambling establishment, then you will also need to obtain a certification. This is otherwise known as the Responsible Service of Gambling Certification (RSG) or the Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG).
Get more information on how to obtain the RSG/RCG certification here.
Tips that should help you to find a job.
- It is very important to research your market. Because it will help you to find out which roles and skills are in high demand in Australia.
- Tell people that you are looking for work (networking)
- For foreigners learn to speak the lingo and learn about the culture
- It is very important to have a good resume and cover letter. It is the key to be shortlisted for an interview.
- It is very common these days that the first interview is through phone, Skype and other digital platforms. It is a plus to know your technology
- Do some voluntary jobs to get some local experience.
- Try to complete several job-related goals daily
- Make sure to prepare for all job interviews
- Following up with hiring managers
- Keep applying and don’t give up.